CHASSIS NUMBER 1203\n\n \n\n This Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost was ordered by Thornton & Schieber, Ltd., and was originally delivered with a seven-passenger landaulette body by Hooper. Early editions of John Fasal’s respected The Edwardian Rolls-Royce include a note that the car was dismantled, and its engine fitted in a motor launch, but this has since been disproven and Mr. Fasal now notes that the car remained intact. It passed to A. Hutton of Surrey, in 1922, and to Noel Armitage in 193
A long, formal dinner dress of blue silk velvet Designer - Victor Edelstein A midnight blue silk velvet dinner dress with off the shoulder straps and a slight bustle. Labelled: Victor Edelstein, London. In 1985 Princess Diana wore this dress to a State Dinner at the White House hosted by President & Mrs. Reagan. Edelstein had designed this Edwardian inspired gown just for this very formal occasion. That evening the Princess danced with Clint Eastwood, Neil Diamond and finally, famously, with Joh
Edwardian Emerald and Diamond Brooch, the drop set with a pear-shape emerald measuring approx. 15.40 x 12.10 x 5.22 mm, surmounted by a bezel-set old European-cut diamond weighing approx. 0.60 cts., and suspended from a scrolling foliate brooch set with old European-cut diamonds, platinum-topped gold mount.\n\nNote: Accompanied by AGL document no. CS 70459 dated October 2, 2015 stating that the emerald is Classic Colombia, no clarity enhancement.
Tiffany & Co. Platinum, 15.06ct Natural Fancy Yellow Diamond Pendant and Seed Pearl Sautoir Necklace\nHeart shape, platinum removable pendant set with central, mine cut diamond at 15.06ct. GIA Report #5151362355, dated April 1, 2013, states Color Natural Fancy Yellow, even. Clarity VS1. Accented by 21 additional diamonds. Suspended by seed pearl sautoir style necklace, L.19". Platinum and yellow gold Edwardian design pendant with a plaque on the reverse stamped "Tiffany & Co". Sterling silver cl
The first recorded owner of The Mandolinist was Robert A. Long, a Kansas City lumber magnate, civic pioneer and philanthropist. In 1907, the Long family began building a seventy-room Beaux-Arts mansion called Corinthian Hall. The residence was designed by Baumgarten & Co., the New York-based firm responsible for William H. Vanderbilts Fifth Avenue home (see lot 433) as well as several rooms in New Yorks Plaza Hotel, including the Edwardian Room. The Long family traveled throughout Europe in the
1228 DIAMOND AND PLATINUM NECKLACE BY J. E. CALDWELL & COMPANY. The Edwardian hinged necklace is designed as a long drape forming a 'V' with a further double- sided drop at the bottom of the necklace, set with a center row of graduating bezel set European cut diamonds each separated by a pair of smaller bezel set European cut diamonds having an approximate total diamond weight of 65 carats and ranging in size from approximately 0.05 carats to 0.95 carats. The necklace is bordered by a row of sma
AN IMPORTANT EDWARDIAN DIAMOND NECKLACE\n\nDesigned as a graduated two-row garland necklace with central bow and collet spacers suspending a knife-edge and collet fringe with nine graduated pear-shaped clusters, circa 1910, with tiara frame, in fitted Carrington & Co. cases (two small diamonds replaced), 40.0cm. long
PROPERTY OF THE DUKE OF AYMER\nWATSON BROS. \n\nA VIRTUALLY UNUSED TRIO OF FRIEDRICH-ENGRAVED 12-BORE ROUND-BODIED SINGLE-TRIGGER OVER AND UNDER SIDELOCK EJECTORS, serial no. 20371 / 2 / 3, each with a 32in. and a 29in. set of barrels,\n\n32in. nitro barrels with tapered solid file cut top-ribs, the breech ends carved in high relief with Edwardian acanthus scrollwork and gold-inlaid '1', '2' and '3', side ribs, the over barrels engraved 'WATSON BROS 41. TOWER BRIDGE ROAD. LONDON.', 2 3/4in. cham
AN EDWARDIAN DIAMOND BROOCH/PENDANT\nDesigned as an old European-cut diamond garland frame, centering upon a lattice-work panel suspending a series of graduated pear-shaped diamonds, mounted in platinum, (with pendant hoop for suspension), circa 1900s, 5.5 cm wide
Edwardian Platinum and Diamond Bracelet, centering a cushion-cut diamond weighing approx. 7.53 cts., further set with old European, old mine, single, and rose-cut diamonds, approx. total wt. 39.57 cts. (including center diamond), millegrain accents, lg. 7 3/4 in., within period Cartier box.\n\nFor an example of the Cartier "serti-muguet", or lily of the valley setting, which first appeared around 1905, see Cartier 1900-1939, by Judy Rudoe, p. 76. The bracelet was most likely originally a bandeau
Fine Edwardian Carved Agate and Enamel Pendulette, Cartier, Paris, the rotating ball dial with Roman numeral indicators and rose-cut diamond star to indicate the time, atop the group of the "Three Wise Monkeys," two with rose-cut diamond eyes, all on a cylindrical guilloche enamel base with garland accent, ht. 6 1/4 in., no. 3006, French maker's marks and guarantee stamps, signed CARTIER on base plate and edge, and PARIS 187, (minor losses).\n\nProvenance: Purchased at Cartier, Paris, in the ear
<b>Highly Important and Rare Edwardian Necklace</b> <br> platinum, 18k white and yellow gold, ca. 1900-1910, the necklace featuring alternating links depicting a floral and petal pattern, set with an exceptional collection of eighteen oval-cut Burmese natural sapphires weighing 46.30 carats in total, with a medium-strong to strong saturation, accompanied by a SSEF certificate report #48653, the links further accented by European-cut and single-cut diamonds weighing approximately 18.11 carats in
AN ELEGANT EDWARDIAN DIAMOND SAUTOIR NECKLACE designed as a series of oval and rectangular open links each with central diamond collet, suspending to the front a detachable drop-shaped emerald pendant, may be separated to form bracelets and choker necklace; and a matching pair of drop-shaped emerald earrings suspended from three-stone diamond collet tops, circa 1910\nNecklace: 86.0cm\nEarrings: 4.5cm\n(3)
Edwardian, Platinum, Carved Natural Emerald and Diamond Lady's Necklace \n\nSautoir style necklace. Central carved emerald measuring approx. 22.0 x 14.3mm. Accented by fifteen (15) marquise cut diamonds measuring approx. 6.0 x 3.0 - 4.0 x 2.7mm, ten (10) triangular cut diamonds measuring approx. 6.7 x 7.0 - 2.2 x 2.0mm, ten (10) baguette cut diamonds measuring approx. 7.0 x 2.0 -2.0 x 1.5mm and approx. three hundred sixty-two (362) round transitional, European, full and single cut diamonds throu
Fine Pair of Edwardian Platinum and Diamond Earpendants, Cartier, New York, each set with a faceted pear-shape diamond drop, approx. total wt. 10.50 cts., suspended from old mine- and old European-cut diamond scroll tops, millegrain accents, lg. 1 1/4 in., signed.\n\nProvenance: Descended within a prominant New York family to the present owner.
AN EDWARDIAN SAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND RING\n\nSet with an oval-shaped cabochon weighing 32.13 carats to the openwork filigree gallery, enhanced by old-European cut diamonds extending to shoulders, mounted in platinum, circa 1900s, ring size 5½\n\nAccompanied by report no. 0210056 dated 21 October 2002 from the Gübelin Gemmological Laboratory stating that the 32.13 carat sapphire is of Burma origin with no indications of thermal enhancement and that sapphires which have not been enhanced by heat are
an edwardian mahogany and marquetry carlton house desk\nBy Maple & Co.\nCross-banded in satinwood and inlaid with ebony and boxwood lines and inlaid with scrolling foliage and anthemions, the rounded superstructure with pierced baluster gilt-brass gallery, the top centred by a musical trophy, enclosing a plain interior, flanked to either side by three drawers and a curved door, each enclosing a plain interior, the hinged dower-swept sides inlaid with a musical trophy, enclosing a plain interior,
Edwardian Platinum and Diamond Brooch\nCentering one old European-cut diamond approximately 3.49 cts., framed by a circular panel pave-set with 74 old European-cut diamonds, further encircled by 7 marquise-shaped diamonds spaced by 8 old European-cut diamonds, altogether approximately 8.40 cts., within a delicate scalloped circle of 56 collet-set single-cut diamonds, circa 1915, approximately 9.2 dwt.\nWith GIA report no. 2135173154 stating that the diamond is F color, VS2 clarity.\n\n•\n\nCente
An Exquisite Edwardian diamond bracelet, circa 1910\nof floral motif, centering an octagonal-shaped diamond, weighing approximately 3.75 carats, to a line of pear-shaped diamonds, within a millegrain openwork frame; estimated remaining diamond weight: 18.00 carats; mounted in platinum; length: 7 1/16in.
AN EDWARDIAN PERIDOT AND PEARL NEGLIG?E PENDANT, MURRLE BENNET & CO CIRCA 1905 designed as a rosette centring a cushion-cut peridot within a border of half pearls and suspending two unequal drops of pearl-set husks e ach terminating in a pear-shaped peridot, the chainwith tapering pearl-set husks, in 9ct gold E4500-5500 ILLUSTRATED ON PAGE 26
A delicate midi-length evening dress in white silk chiffon Designer - Zandra Rhodes White silk chiffon Edwardian style evening dress with pink glass beads, simulated pearls, silver and pearlized sequins, belted with white satin cord. Bears no label but has been confirmed by designer
Edwardian Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond Plaque Brooch, Cartier, New York, centering a gray button pearl measuring approx. 13.72 x 13.25 x 10.04 mm, and old European-, old mine-, and single-cut diamonds, millegrain accents, lg. 1 3/4 in., signed.\n\nNote: Accompanied by GIA report no. 2165662078, dated October 7, 2014, stating that the pearl is natural, saltwater, Pinctada margaritifera, natural gray body color.
Edwardian Platinum, Diamond and Sapphire Ring\nThe pierced platinum mount centering one old European-cut diamond approximately 1.75 cts., and one cushion-shaped sapphire approximately 2.50 cts., flanked by 12 small old European-cut diamonds, circa 1915, approximately 5 dwt. Size 7 1/4.\nWith AGL report no. CS 46922 stating that the sapphire is of Kashmir origin, no gemological evidence of heating.\n\nC\n\nDiamond: G-H-VS2-SI.\n\nSapphire: lovely deep rich blue, good color concentration, cleanish
AN EDWARDIAN BLACK OPAL AND DIAMOND BROOCH/PENDANT\nThe cushion shaped black opal panel within a millegrain-set brilliant-cut diamond border, to the similarly-set pendant loop and trace-link chain, circa 1910, pendant 3.8cm long, original fitted case, pendant loop and brooch fitting detachable
A PAIR OF EDWARDIAN SATINWOOD, ROSEWOOD AND MARQUETRY DEMI-LUNE COMMODES\nEARLY 20TH CENTURY, OF GEORGE III STYLE\nEach with crossbanded top inlaid with bands of scrolling foliage enclosing floral sprays and with half fan medallion at the rear edge, above a frieze of scrolling foliage and a door inlaid with a ribbon-tied oval medallion inlaid with a floral spray enclosing a shelf, flanked by panels inlaid with oval paterae with ribbon-tied laurel sprays, on square tapering legs\n36 in. (91.5 cm.
E.W.Godwin (1833-1886): An Anglo-Japanese taste walnut table with folding shelves, gilt brass fittings, probably made by Collinson and Lock, circa 1872-5, 74.7cm (29.5ins) high, 81.5cm (32ins) wide (open), 40.6cm (16ins) deep Literature: Susan Weber Soros; The Secular Furniture of E.W.Godwin, Yale 1999, p.146 pl. 211, Jeremy Cooper, Victorian and Edwardian Furniture and Interiors, London 1987, pl. 326, Godwin sketchbooks, Victoria and Albert Museum, London. In her book, Susan Soros illustrates a
AN EDWARDIAN DIAMOND AND 'SAPPHIRE' WREATH BROOCH CIRCA 1910 part ofthe circlet designed as a ribboned floral spray, set throughout with old-, eight-, brilliant- and baguette-cut diamonds, highlighted by an inner border of rectangular and square-cut synthetic sapphires, including two genuine sapphires, some 'sapphires' deficient E3000- 5000 ILLUSTRATED ON PAGE 39
Edwardian Platinum and Diamond Collier de Chien, set throughout with 299 pear-shape, old European-cut, old mine-cut, and old single-cut diamonds, millegrain accents, French guarantee stamp, hallmark for Georges Harnichard, Paris, inscribed nos. 2690 and 2870, (areas of solder).\n\nNote: The Harnichard workshop was among the six major producers of jewelry in this period for Cartier. For more information, see Cartier 1900-1939, by Judy Rudoe, p. 46.
Edwardian Diamond Sunburst Pendant/Brooch, Tiffany & Co., centering an old European-cut diamond weighing approx. 3.25 cts., further set with old European-cut diamonds, approx. total wt. 12.55 cts., rhodium plated silver-topped 18kt gold mount, lg. 2 in., signed, (alterations).
AN EDWARDIAN ENAMEL, DIAMOND AND PEARL PENDANT 1910 the tapering bezel millegrain-set with rose-cut diamonds and pearls on a black enamel-on-metal background, with stylised flower heads and scalloped borders, the backplate stamped PATENT 23105 OCT. 6 TH 1910
An Edwardian diamond brooch pendant. The centre square cushion shaped diamond weighs 7.00 cts. Set within a surround of sixteen circular cut diamonds and a further border of eleven circular cut and eight marquise shaped diamonds with a pear shaped pendant. The diamonds weigh 22.00 cts in total. Set in gold with detachable brooch and pendant fittings with diamond set safety pin. Fitted case.
Edwardian Diamond Longchain, with seventy-seven old European-cut diamonds within platinum bezels joined by gold chain, approx. total wt. 35.00 cts., lg. 30 in.\n\nNote: Provenance: The descendants of Jane Norton Nichols, daughter of J.P. Morgan, Jr. In a letter dated December 16, 1951, Nichols mentions that her long diamond chain had been divided in half for her daughters, and writes that "such an ornament is not much use to you now, but some day you can sell it if you need to do so, and get som
Edwardian, Platinum and GIA natural fancy grayish-Blue Diamond Lady's Ring\nPlatinum setting with central, marquise cut, natural Fancy grayish-Blue diamond at .84ct. actual. GIA report 5151745676, dated October 24th, 2013, states Origin-Natural color, Clarity VS2, Distribution-even. Handmade setting sccented by 36 round single cut and 14 round transitional full cut diamonds totaling approx. 1.10ct. Approx. 5.2 grams total.
Edwardian Sapphire and Diamond Ring, set with a cushion-cut sapphire weighing 5.18 cts., framed by fourteen old European-cut diamonds, diamond-set shoulders, platinum and 18kt yellow gold mount, size 7 1/2, stamped BS & F for Black, Starr and Frost. Note: Accompanied by AGL document no. CS 34418, dated November 21, 2000, stating natural color, Kashmir origin.
A LARGE EDWARDIAN SILVER CENTREPIECE IN THE 19TH CENTURY FRENCH MANNER,\nMARK OF ELKINGTON & CO., BIRMINGHAM, 1906,\nThe central, double-lipped bowl chased with foliage around a cartouche on either side, both engraved with the Japanese chrysanthemum emblem, fitted with cut-glass dish, the bowl on tapering base applied with trailing flowers, flanked by two large cast reclining female classical figures carousing at a banquet, each with a vine-wrapped vase beside her, the base with three sunken rec
AN EDWARDIAN INLAID ROSEWOOD MUSIC CABINET CIRCA 1900 the arched back with shell inlay and projecting bowfronted shelf above a mirror and turned supports, the outset lower section with canted corners, fitted with a drawer with arabesque inlay, above a panelled door inlaid with a musical trophy, and enclosing two shelves, on a shaped apron and short tapering cabriole legs, stringing throughout, 135cm high, 61cm wide, 38cm deep
Anglo-Russian Relations: An Important Edwardian Silver Presentation Cup, Cover and Sideboard Dish, R. & S. Garrard & Co., London, the design possibly by Charles Sykes, 1903-1904, The cup cast with draped female figures representing the directions, separated by scroll handles decorated with merchildren, the knop with openwork brackets, the base with applied dolphins between panels of chased wave pattern, the finial formed as a mermaid; the dish with six reserved of winged figures with goblets and
AN EDWARDIAN YEAR-GOING CARVED MAHOGANY WALL REGULATOR\nDENT, ROYAL EXCHANGE, LONDON, NO. 55724. CIRCA 1910\nCASE: the solid mahogany backboard with heavy iron hanging plate, detachable fully glazed case, the base terminating with acanthus-carved mahogany volute carved, removable back panels concealing large rectangular lead weight DIAL: 11 in. diameter silvered dial of regulator format signed 'DENT/MAKER TO THE KING 61. STRAND/& 4. ROYAL. EXCHANGE/LONDON 55742', blued steel hands MOVEMENT: moun
AN EDWARDIAN MAHOGANY SIDE CABINET EARLY 20TH CENTURY the superstructure with a broken swan-neck pediment above a mirrored backand turned supports, with an outset shelf and pair of glazed doors below, the outset lower section with canted corners, and an open recess above a pair of panelled doors, inlaid with oval satinwood panels, on tapering square-section legs, crossbanding and stringing throughout, 189.5cm high, 76cm wide, 45.5cm deep
Fine Edwardian Platinum and Diamond Bib Necklace, first quarter 20th century, comprising twenty one old European cut diamonds, 5.5 - 6.5 mm diameter and averaging J-L color and SI1-2 clarity, in "eyeglass" bezels each suspended by a chain segment in a lacy triangular bib and chain, the whole set with an additional one hundred and thirty five small old European cut diamonds bezel set en suite, one hundred and fifty six diamonds totaling approximately 18.75 carats total weight, l. 16-3/4", fall (
AN EDWARDIAN DIAMOND NECKLACE/TIARA\nDesigned as a graduated fringe of circular-cut diamond collets, each suspended from a stylised tulip surmount interspersed with diamond line and trefoil spacers to the diamond collet neckchain, mounted in platinum and gold, tiara frame deficient, circa 1905
AN EDWARDIAN WALNUT DAVENPORT CIRCA 1910 with lidded pen compartmentabove the hinged slant-top with leather inset, four graduated drawersto one side, four opposing dummy drawers, on a bracket base with castors, inlaid with arabesques, urns and stringing, veneer chips, restoration, 85cm high, 51cm wide, 46cm deep
Home at Last is a highly skilled representation of the type of subject for which Elsley was best known. A widely popular artist in Victorian and Edwardian England, Elsley was first renowned for his depictions of canine subjects, and later, genre scenes focusing on images of childhood. As the artist's models were often his impatient children and energetic animals, photography increasingly became a useful tool for study and one such image was used to paint the collie puppy his daughter Marjorie re
A MASSIVE EDWARDIAN SILVER FLOOR STANDING DRESSING MIRROR\nMARK OF CHARLES STUART HARRIS, LONDON, 1904\nChased in relief with urns of fruit, birds, butterflies, trailing foliage and vignettes of classical figures with attendant putti in the Renaissance manner, terminating in claw feet, with oak back, the strut of lyre form with scrollwork-pierced silver hinge mount flanked by lion masks with chains dependent\n54¼ in. high (138 cm.) x 43 in. wide (109.3 cm.)