Bow porcelain

Bow Porcelain was a porcelain factory in Bow, in London's Borough of Newham. The factory was established in 1747 but closed after just 30 years of production. The company had very successful years around 1760 with over 300 employees under the same roof, but after the death of one of the parters in 1762, the business went downhill and eventually went into bankruptcy. The remaining moulds and implements where transferred to Derby and the Chelsea porcelain factory.

Advert
Advert