Manufactured in 1914, this pistol was one of a limited number of U.S. 1911 pistols which were earmarked for distribution to members of the public via the Director of Civilian Marksmanship and the National Rifle Association. Only 110 total were released in this manner, of which only 40 were from Colt. Blade front and flat-top notch rear sights with the frame marked "N.R.A." on the right side just below the serial number in addition to the two line/two block address and patent dates on the left side of the slide, the Rampant Colt behind the serrations and the "UNITED STATES PROPERTY" and "GHS" (LTC. Gilbert H. Stewart) markings on the left side of the frame. Fitted with a long smooth trigger, checkered wide hammer, slide stop and thumb safety, short grip safety, smooth flat back strap, "P/H" marked barrel and checkered grips with diamond pattern flats. A brown leather U.S. holster is included, marked to Rock Island Arsenal and dated "1916" on the rear.