William Billinghurst of Rochester, New York, worked for James and John Miller (also seen Millar) starting in 1827. He purchased the company and the rights to their famous revolving rifle design. Some of his rifles were sold to well-connected individuals, including Emperor of Brazil Don Pedro d'Alcantara and the Maharajah of Bombay. The seven-shot cylinder is released using the latch located in front of the cylinder at the bottom. The cylinder is also finely serrated to help with gripping the cylinder while rotating it by hand and numbered 1-7 by the pill cavities. The lock is back action and has floral engraving. The barrel is marked "W. BILLINGHURST/ROCHESTER, N.Y." on top at the breech and has post and notch sights. The forend has a pewter cap, and the buttstock has a small German silver shield on the left flat and brass furniture.