In 1851 Blairsville Female Seminary was founded by Presbyterian paster George Hill. The Seminary started out in a single building and eventually became a chartered college in 1893. This book is the history of the school and its mission to educate young women. The book is divided into several sections entitled, "History of the Blairsville Ladies' Seminary', 'History of the Seminary from 1876 to 1881', 'History of the Seminary from 1881 to 1886', 'History of the Seminary from 1886 to 1891', 'History of the Seminary from 1891 to 1896', and 'History of the College from 1896 to 1901". Each section is written by a class historian, and these booklets were presumably prepared for the alumnae reunions. There are ten pages of printed photographs, all but one of these pages show portraits of individuals who had a large impact on the college. One of the images is of the college campus.Front cover is embossed with the college seal. String Binding. 69 pgs. Wraps with string tie binding. OCLC-1 (Mar 2019) Measures 8 1/2" x 6 1/4" Report for the First Alumnae Renunion, June 1876 by Miss Melissa R. Mendell, Class of 1856.