pair of original c. 1920's salvaged chicago interior movie palace lobby door wrought iron push plates designed and fabricated for the architectural firm of rapp and rapp, chicago, ills. the unusual flush mount heavy gauge iron spanish revival style push plates contain lightly incised designs along the edges. the original black enameled finish was mostly worn off after years of being outdoors - long after the theater was demolished. the door push plates have been cleaned and sealed with brushed metal finish. opened june 17, 1926, the nonx-extant norshore was built for and operated by balaban & katz. the norshore movie palace seated 3,017. the theatre was located in the rogers park neighborhood of chicago. the lobby contained massive crystal chandeliers and the vaulted ceiling featured pompeiian motifs. the theatre was outfitted with several fine french antiques. the norshore theater was closed in 1957 and three years later, was demolished. a bank building currently resides on the site. priced for the pair.