Anderson & Garland

Established since 1840, Anderson & Garland Ltd is the leading saleroom covering the North East of England, Scottish Borders and North Yorkshire. With specialist knowledge and experience, Anderson & Garland Ltd can provide a full range of services to clients that is unrivalled in the region.

Anderson and Garland Ltd can trace their origins back to 1840 when two businessmen set up as auctioneers in Newcastle. George Hedley and William Anderson were both involved in the furniture business. Hedley was in removals and Anderson was a timber trader with interests in Burma. Together they formed Anderson, Son and Hedley, sold items by auction and provided storage of goods and removal to "all parts of the Kingdom."

Trading successfully from Pilgrim Street, this company merged with another local firm, Atkinson and Garland in 1913 to form Anderson and Garland Ltd and built Anderson House, one of the UK’s first purpose built Auction Rooms in Market Street, where it was based until 1988.

Finding Anderson House too small, the auction house moved to nearby Marlborough House in 1988 where the business was based until 2005. With new premises the auction house reverted back to the historic name of Anderson House. Like its earlier namesake, the new Anderson House is a purpose built saleroom offering modern facilities and well lit showrooms to present items for sale in the best possible setting. With a large free car park and conveniently situated next to the A1 and Newcastle Airport, Anderson House continues the mix of innovation and tradition that has been the mainstay of our business since 1840.

Anderson & Garland are members of Association of Accredited Auctioneers - AAA combines 20 UK auction houses, with a combined annual turnover of over £200m. Each member auction house has built a reputation for quality and integrity, many over a period of hundreds of years. AAA members are committed to the highest standards of creditability and services to buyers and sellers. 
http://www.the-aaa.com

Countries
  • United Kingdom

Blog posts about "Anderson & Garland"

Realized prices "Anderson & Garland "

A Belgian pin fire six-shot revolver, with 3
A Belgian pin fire six-shot revolver, with 3 1/4in. octagonal barrel, ejector rod, loading gate, folding trigger, and walnut grip, c.1870. Anderson & Garland
A Georgian rectangular mahogany side table fitted
A Georgian rectangular mahogany side table fitted two short drawers to the frieze, raised on square tapering legs with leather covered castors, 45in. x 23in. x 30 1/2in. high. Anderson & Garland
A Victorian gold cross, circa 1890, with chased
A Victorian gold cross, circa 1890, with chased scroll detail; a blue enamel and pearl ring, circa 1880; the slightly domed mount set with rows of half pearls with royal blue enamel detail, ring size I and an amethyst, diamond and gold brooch, circa 1890, the circular mixed-cut amethyst within a pierced mount with bead work detail. (3)" Anderson & Garland
A 9ct. and amethyst and seed pearl pendant on thin
A 9ct. and amethyst and seed pearl pendant on thin chain. See illustration Anderson & Garland
A Vienna walnut wall clock, with enamelled roman d
A Vienna walnut wall clock, with enamelled roman dial, two train movement with escapement striking on a gong, backplate stamped 'Lenzkirch' and numbered 373955, bimetallic pendulum, the case with ornate dolphin, shell and scroll cornice, decorative metal corbels and glass surround, shaped apron, 26 1/2in. high. Anderson & Garland
Anderson & Garland has 0 objects in the categories.

Find address and telephone number to Anderson & Garland

Anderson & Garland
Anderson House
Crispin Court
Newbiggin Lane
Westerhope
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE5 1BF
T: + 44 (0) 191 4303000
F: +44 (0) 191 430 3001
Advert